West 7th Business Association Winter Clothing Drive
- New or hand-made or gently used items for adults and children, including winter jackets, hats, mittens, gloves and scarves.
Led by Executive Director Cheryl Bade, Joseph’s Coat’s mission is to provide essential goods and services free of charge to those in need in the St. Paul community. Located at 1107 West 7th, it welcomes people of all ages, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, abilities and challenges, and offers essential support, including clothing, household items, personal hygiene products, children’s items, and individualized assistance for the unique needs of its clients.Shopping days are Monday and Wednesday, 9am-4:30pm. Each week nearly 900 adults shop at the store. Donation days are Tuesdays and Thursdays (9am-2pm). Over 130 volunteers work weekly to accept donations, sort and organize clothing and prepare for the shopping days.Other area merchants assisting: 7th Street Storage (collection boxes and storage), deZinnia, Inc. (creative design), Insty Print (printing) and NatureWise Chem-Dry (collection and sorting). W7BA board member Joe McKenzie (serves on the Joseph’s Coat board of directors) is spearheading the campaign again this year.
- Cooper’s SuperValu, 2481 West 7th
- Fantastic Sam’s, 2473 W7th
- American Bank, 2310 W7th
- Shamrock’s Irish Nook, 995 West 7th
- Bank Cherokee, 675 Randolph
- Cooper’s SuperValu, 633 W7th