back to top
- Vision Loss Resources seeks to create a community of service, skills and support for people with vision loss. It provides a community education program of skill-building for people with vision or hearing issues, as well as social events. For information call 651-224-7662 or visit visionlossresources.org.
- Parks and Recreation Senior Advisory Council advises and supports St. Paul Parks and Recreation program staff by contributing time, thought and talent to shape recreation programming for adults age 50+. Members are now sought from the senior population. If you are 50+ or interested in senior issues, have access to transportation and are available for monthly meetings (on the fourth Tuesday afternoon of every month except December), your ideas and work on activist and projects relevant to adults 50+ are needed and welcome. There is a one-year commitment and renewal annually. For more details and to volunteer call Mary at 651-266-6447 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Support Program for Adults 60+ may be relevant if you qualify. Call 1-888-711-1151 for info.
- Senior Recovery Program offers age-specific treatment and sustained recovery services for seniors. The Fellowship Center at 253 State St., St. Paul, provides a safe environment in which to reconnect with peers and receive support and encouragement from staff and volunteers. Information at senior-recovery.org or 651-773-0473.
- The Senior LinkAge Line at 1-800-333-2433 or minnesotahelp.info provides free links to expert help in many areas, for example resources for health and fitness, insurance and legal advice. The Long-term Care Choices Navigator helps you to figure out what you need to live well and age well.
Adult 55+ Activities/Programs
Call 298-5493 for West 7th Community Center services & programs. 265 Oneida. Register 1 week in advance.Pictured: Intergenerational Pen Pals at West 7th Community Seniors
Adult 55+ Programs
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Class: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30-10:15 a.m.
- Block Nurse Program: 65+ in-home nursing and health aide, Medicare Certified.
- Caregiving Services: Contact Maureen Davidson, 651-298-5493 ext. 205.
- Foot Care Clinic: 5/15, 1-3pm.
- Massage Therapy, 5/20, 1-3pm.
- Golden Tones Big Band Dance: Wednesdays, 1-3pm.
- Chore Program/Homemaking Services Available.
- Fiberazzi: Knitting & Crocheting Group Tuesdays: 1-3pm.
- Medicare Counseling: 5/8, 10am-noon.
- Lunch Bunch: 5/8, 11:30am, Claddaugh Coffee.
- Retirement Income & Pension Counseling: 5/20, 11am-noon.
- Lunch ’n Bingo: 5/17 11:30am.
- Ask the Lawyer: 5/15, 3-4pm.
- Veterans Benefits Counseling: 5/28, 10-11am.
- Cribbage: Mondays, 12:30-3pm.
- Cribbage/500/65: Fridays, 12:30-3pm.
- Fare for All Discount Groceries: 5/9, 10am-noon.
- Health Education Topics.
- Meals on Wheels, Organic, Dietary Choices.
Special Events for May
- Meals on Wheels delivery: Once a month, 11am to 12 noon.
- Spring Plant Sale supports the West 7th Community Center Senior program and Meals on Wheels. Plant donations and volunteers also needed. Info:Teisha, 651-298-5493 or email@example.com.
- 10th Annual Women’s Health Fair: 5/3, 10am-1pm.